Friday, September 26, 2008

Lucky

September 26, 2003
I would have included a current picture as well, but it's amazing how much five years of marriage, 2 crazy boys, and medical school can age you. Too depressing. I like to remember the fresh-faced version of us.
When I first heard the song "Lucky" that you hear playing on the blog all the time, I immediately thought of Josh. I am lucky that I'm in love with my best friend. He is amazing. He is my partner. We share everything and talk about everything. I appreciate that we work so well together, and have goals that we are working towards all the time. I'm sure though that because today is our anniversary he decided to kick the chivalry up a notch with a special moment we shared on the tennis court this morning.
Fall is upon us, and so the geese are out of here. We were playing and a ton of them came flying over head. I immediately put my racket over my head (as if that offered any real protection! --it just would have dispersed the poop into a nice grid pattern all over my hair) luckily, they didn't poop on me, but they did drop two big bombs on the court. That brought playing to a swift halt. We didn't want our balls to bounce in the junk, so Josh went to the garbage can, pulled out a piece of card board and scraped the poop off of the court for me. What a sweetheart. It's no wonder I don't like birds. Anything that can fly over you and take a dump is a menace.
So, on this day that we celebrate five years of being together, I say to you Josh, thanks for dealing with all of my crap! I love you.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

That was soooooo romantic. Zach is still not HOME :0(

AnnaMarie said...

Yeees, romantic story about bird poop. Glad you like Josh, Megan. Happy Anniversary!

Kali said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That's the mushiest I've ever heard you! ;)

H. said...

Ah...Happy Anniversary. So glad you are so happy and such a great match. We sure our lucky.