Monday, September 22, 2008

Potty Mouth

As most of you who read this know, there has been a very focused effort on Will's speech in the last year. I am thrilled to say that he has made dramatic improvements. We really are incredibly proud of how far he has come, and today I experienced a moment that you with very verbal children have been warning me about.
I was doing a load of laundry today, and as I mentioned in a previous post, we sometimes have water problems while doing it. Today was one of those days. I was standing in the kitchen talking to Will and Isaac, and I took a step back into a puddle. I just let out a yelp, but Will came rushing around the corner and said, "Oh, Shi@! Who did this?!"
I've never really considered myself much of a potty mouth, but it must happen often enough for him to have caught on. I didn't address the bad language, because I had to immediately start "operation sop-up the water" but I'm sure there will be a next time.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh great. Remind me to not let Katie hang out with you anymore. :)

Darcy said...

What did you say when Allissa peed on your carpet the other day??? Just teasing you!!!! Let me know about friday...