Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ouch!

Today started out wonderful! Josh went into work later so that we could start our day playing tennis--he did this for me yesterday too. It was so fun. On the drive home he asked me what are your plans for the day. I lied and made up this big list of things that I had to get done so that he would feel like I have the hardest job in the world (which I do by the way!), but really I was thinking...nothin'. Well, the boys took care of that for me. I was upstairs playing the piano, they were downstairs playing with toys. It was a blissful time of playing until...
Wah! Isaac lets out a big, old scream. Sadly, this didn't cause me to spring to my feet, because he lets out similar screams if he thinks we are getting to close to his ice cream, but when Will came scurrying up the stairs to get me, I knew it was trouble. It was trouble because, if Isaac is hurt, then Will is almost always the cause, and he is no dummy, he wouldn't come running up to call his naughty behavior to my attention. Well, he did, and when I went down Isaac's face was covered in blood. I would have taken a picture to document this momentous day, it was after all our first trip to the emergency room, but that seemed like poor parenting. Anyway, he was a trooper, and my friend Darcy saved me by watching Will for us all afternoon. Thank you, Darcy. Gigs was very brave, and didn't hardly make a fuss at all. When he was all stitched up he said, "Thank you very much!" and was ready to walk out with the irrigation syringe that they gave him.

1 comment:

H. said...

Sheesh! Poor kiddo! You are right though, no one will ever notice with those big ol' blue eyes of his.