Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apple Holler

Isaac in the corn box.



This is the boys' first trip aboard the "Good Mommy Express" and they couldn't be happier.
Yesterday, my friend, AnnaMarie, and I ventured out in the name of "good-mothering" and took our kids to do something fun. I should say that she is a good mom and would do things like this anyway. I, on the other hand, often ask, "What's in it for me?" If the answer is, "a headache, and a lot of work" then I almost never do it. Well, I did do it, and it wasn't so bad. We went to Apple Holler, an Apple Orchard and apparently in October a pumpkin patch as well. The boys had a ton of fun, as you can see for yourself. The dramatic favorite was the corn seed box. Forget sand--corn is the play substance of choice in the mid-west.






2 comments:

Darcy said...

So much fun! I want to go there for pplaygroup this month!

AnnaMarie said...

Yes, the corn was interesting. We'll have to do some more good mothering sometime soon.