Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Grand Finale

 

DSCI0576

My sweet little family on Jameson’s blessing day.

 

Our final round of visitors got into town last Wednesday.  Josh’s mom and step-dad came to meet baby J and be with us for his blessing.  To say that the boys had fun with them would be an understatement.  In the short few days they were here, they went to the Dell’s, to the beach, bowling, and to a real car race at race track.  They were so spoiled by their fun Nana and Grandpa Brian.  I was so spoiled too by all of the time Nana spent holding and caring for Jameson.  It was nice to have my hands for a few days to get some things done Smile

DSCI0577

On our own, Josh and I could never attract this kind of traffic, but add one of these and family flocks to you.

DSCI0566

Jameson looked oh-so-handsome in his white mini tux.  It is the same outfit my other boys were blessed in.  So cute.

His blessing:  As I walked into the church with Tricia (Nana) I told her that so far none of my kids had cried during their blessings.  I knew as I said those words I had jinxed it.  He cried the whole time.  I was so impressed that it didn’t seem to shake Josh.  I would have been a rushed mess, but he was so collected and gave him a beautiful blessing. 

Life with four kids is hard, but sometimes the greatest blessings in our lives are the hardest.  Thank you to all of our family and friends that were incredibly supportive during the last 6 weeks.  It has been a wonderfully, strange time.  Josh had the whole time off, and just returned to work.  The boys, of course, were off for summer vacation, but go back to school this week, so even though I’m sad to see them go, I excitedly say, “Go! Get out!”  You all are cramping my style.  I’m a creature that craves structure and routine, and having all you rowdy boys around has made that impossible. 

DSCI0587

Hooray for back to school!! (Love you boys!)

2 comments:

Fapili said...

Little Jameson is an absolute "doll." Sounds like you had a fun month with all your visitors.

Darcy said...

I miss you Megan...just reading your posts makes me want to hang out with you! I can hear your voice as I read all your posts! So fun!!