Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August…From the Top

Wow. August was a very full month. I’m tempted to leave it at that and start with a fresh blogging start for September, but there was just too much good stuff to not write about. So, I present, “August” a lengthy blogging production.


Act I


DSCI0472


Will turned 7!


He is a real boy now, no longer a little kid. He loves sports of all kinds, but has taken a real liking to baseball, skiing, and golf. He is a great big brother, although, if you ask him he is better at it with some of his siblings than others. He is completely aware of his shortcomings and prays often for Heavenly Father’s help. It goes like this:


“Dear Heavenly Father, please bless that me and Isaac can get used to each other and not fight so much tomorrow…”


When I got pregnant with Isaac, I was a little nervous about how Will would adjust to a sibling since he would only be 20 months when the baby was born. I expected it to be rough for a while, but a nearly 7 year adjustment was more than I bargained for Smile


You are a great kid, Will, and we wouldn’t trade you for anything.


Act II


DSCI0477


Josh turned 31!


If you look carefully in the picture above you’ll notice his arm lighting the candles on Will's cake. Happy Birthday Josh! That is the only picture I have of Josh on his special day, which admittedly, the celebration of this momentous event, got so lame when our first born came only two days before it. It is fitting in so many ways that the only thing we have to represent it is a picture of his arm lighting SOMEONE ELSE’S cake! Sad.


Sweetie, you deserve a full page layout of your greatness, and I promise in 30 years or so, when all the kids are gone, we will go all out and get a full picture of you, face and all! Happy Birthday, my dear. You are the best thing in my life.


It must be time for an intermission, because Jameson is screaming.

No comments: