Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Mama, It's Your Happy Birthday Party!"

Will singing 'Happy Birthday'. Isaac trying to steal my thunder and blow those candles out himself.
Me, proudly displaying the most delicious desert on the earth.



"Mama, It's your happy birthday party!"
I was greeted with that phrase by both my boys today. 27 years old, and in some ways that seems very old--it at least seems like I'm supposed to be a lot more grown up than I am. I recently read a blog by a friend that documented all of the things that she had done in her 20's (she was turning 30). The list was staggering. My list would be piddly compared to hers, but I suppose that isn't what matters. Josh asked me at dinner tonight what the highlights were over the last year. Easy! My boys are doing well, we finished the second year of medical school, started grad school, and everyone is healthy, and of course I discovered tennis:) Going through all of this schooling, living the life of a student for such an extended amount of time is really a tremendous blessing. Over the last 5 years of being married, and with at least 5 more ahead of us as full-blown students, we have been taught an invaluable lesson-happiness is with the ones you love, the things we learn, and our relationship with Heavenly Father. Moving away from all of our family and friends has proved to be one of the greatest blessings of all. We cling to each other, we rely on one another, and we love and appreciate those back at home more than we maybe could have without experiencing this time without them.
My birthday wish is that I never forget this. Nothing else matters.

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's nice, Megan. Happy Birthday!

Kali's Recipes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kali said...

You are awesome Megan! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was a good one!

Kali said...

BTW, I left the comment above, but deleted it cuz I was signed into another account and didn't know if you would recognize it or not. :) sorry

Darcy said...

Wow you sare old! Tell Josh I was out of town and just got his message!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had one great Happy Birthday Party!