Monday, November 17, 2008

Vacuum Truck





The day started out very typical, very mundane.
The boys and I were on our way home from the store, and as we rounded the last corner onto our circle what we saw before us was almost too glorious to be conceived.
"Mama! It's a vacuum truck!" Will exclaimed.
"Mama! Can I please go watch it?"
We'd like to share with you what may have been the single most joyous moment in Will's short life. The only thing that would have made this better is if there was a parade of construction trucks, or all of the trains from the Thomas stories there circling our street.
A few months ago we checked out a movie from the library called "21 Trucks". This may be the single most boring movie I have ever watched, but to Will it is Oscar worthy material. He loves big trucks right now. He draws a mean monster truck, excavator, bulldozer, and vacuum truck (you can imagine), and one of his favorite things to do as of late is to practice writing his letter to Santa on our white board where he practices spelling and writing all of these construction truck names.
Well, when I saw the vacuum truck on the "21 Truck" movie, I thought to myself, "That is a totally made up truck." I stand corrected. Will has been asking us for a vacuum truck ever since he first laid eyes on it, but as you can imagine, TONKA hasn't manufactured a line of them yet. At least he got to see one with his very own eyes and spend a little time with it.

2 comments:

Kali said...

Ahh..life thru a child's eyes! :)
My friend's husband did an internship for Fisher Price last summer as a car designer. I will put in word for Will! ;) dunno that there is really any influence though!
Will is cute!

AnnaMarie said...

Oooh, I would have liked to see that vacuum truck.