Thursday, December 4, 2008

What I love About Wisconsin Winters!

Fully loaded version of winter, the safest route to take.
My favorite flavor of winter. I think that he looks so cute in his snow pants.

You've heard people say, "Fake it, 'til you make it"? Well, that's just what I'm going to try and do occasionally, as I continue with my "take winter by the horns attitude". I thought this might help me appreciate more of this time of year instead of hibernating in my house for 6 months and waiting for it to be over.
So in this, my first installment, I choose to document how stinkin' cute kids are in their snow clothes. Every morning before the bus comes for school, we get Will all "puffed up" in his snow gear. By the time we are done he looks just like the little brother on the movie, "A Christmas Story". (that's what it's called, right? with the red-rider beebe gun?) He can't hardly walk up the steps on the bus, but it's worth it to maintain his fingers and toes.
The second thing is how your garage turns into the perfect refrigerator. I know, I know, everyone's garage gets colder in the winter, but it truly is the perfect temperature for chilling my many cases of Coke Zero. I am choosing to be thankful for this in the month of December, because come January, February and even March, this is no longer the case. You are a fool to leave drinks out there, because they will surely be frozen...do you know what happens when canned soda pop freezes? It aint pretty. That is neither here nor there. Back to sharing the love, December is perfect for my refrigeration needs. That is a real treat.
Progress report...my exercising goals are going well. I love my gym membership! I mentioned to Josh that I wore my wedding ring to the gym tonight. He asked if I had been getting hit on. He! He! Not hardly. Going to the gym as a married person is a lot different than going when you are single and looking. There are many reasons why I wouldn't be getting hit on at the gym. Let me list a few for you that came to mind as I was running tonight. I noticed behind me this row of perfectly made up girls, full make-up and hair, mind you, for their "work out". I can tell you now the reason they stay thin is because they don't eat, not because they hit the gym every day. Which brings me to my list of why I don't get hit on: When I am done with my workout, my face is beet red and my neck is all splotchy. From nearly head to toe I'm glistening, and it aint body glitter. The varicose vein that I proudly display as my badge of honor due to pregnancy and motherhood takes on a life of it's own as it throbs behind my right knee, and the grand finale...there is not a soul in that gym with a smaller chest than me! Boy and girl, man and woman, I take the cake and beat them all. Why would you hit on the gal (or is it? IT's chest gives no tell as to the true sex) with the blue critter crawling up the back of it's leg, drenched in sweat, with no make-up, when you've got a whole row of stationary bike perfection to choose from. So, Josh, no worries. I wore my ring just because I thought it might help those fence sitters lean to the side of "yeah, that's a chick." I love every minute of it though.

1 comment:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow! Good luck this winter! We are still waiting to get some snow....