Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stinky Feet

Alright girls, I'm going to really put myself out there on this one, and pray that someone can relate.

I got through another crazy Sunday. You know the kind where from early in the morning until late into the evening you and your husband are like ships passing in the night as you hand off the kids to one another and scurry back out the door to your next obligation. Today was just that kind of day. These types of Sundays often lead to not being able to even sit down at any point, let alone change out of your church clothes.

Now that Wisconsin has decided to go all sub-arctic on us so quickly, it is tights time and my big, clunky, black shoes pretty much every Sunday. This combination does well to keep my toes from freezing and to decrease the slip and slide effect in the parking lot that we are so famous for, but I'll tell you now--these shoes don't breathe. Non-breathing shoes combined with any form of nylons= what? That's right, wicked, stinky feet!

I was finally able to pull off the church clothes and put on my sweats, and Will happened to be there by my side when I went into the bathroom to wash my feet.

He looked up at me with his nose scrunched and twisted up to the side and said, "Mama, do you smell that"
Me: "Yeah, it stinks, huh?"
Will: "Yeah"
Me: "What do you think it is?'
(after a thoughtful pause...)
Will: "I don't know...maybe I pooped a little"
Me: (stifling a laugh) "Do you think that you pooped a little?"
Will: "Well...I guess that I maybe could have" (he said, puzzled and bewildered)

2 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hi Megan! I'm Joel's wife and I just read your post. HILARIOUS! I got quite a good laugh out of that one. I'll have to make sure I have my little one around when I take off my shoes so that the diaper gets the blame.

:)

Marci said...

Don't you know that one cool thing about kids is they are the best excuse... and they believe most of what you tell them. So, if you told him that he was smelling his own self, he'd very likely take that as fact. Especially since he came up with the source himself.