Monday, February 14, 2011

Skiing

It’s too bad Josh isn’t writing this post, because he would certainly know more details than me, but I’ll do my best to document something I was not there for. As a disclaimer, if anything is untrue, exaggerated, or completely made up, I find myself exempt from any consequences, since I was not there to verify the day’s happenings.

Let’s start with the facts.

1) On Saturday, Josh did pack Will in the car to make the one mile journey to Crystal Ridge Ski Hill. Josh just returned from a ski vacation to Utah where he skied at some world renowned resorts. I am not sure how this man made hill compares to such places, but I suppose a hill is a hill when you are just learning.

2) Will loved Skiing. Apparently, he took to it quickly, and his official ranking of the activity is that he gives it “one thousand thumbs up”.

005

3) At lunch time I took Isaac up to the hill. It was his turn to give it a shot. I suspected he might be less eager than Will, but left him in the capable care of his daddy. After only two runs Isaac asked to take a break. My suspicion was it had something to do with the pizza, nachos and chicken fingers that he could smell wafting from the Lodge. Upon our arrival, he said, “Ooh! There is something that sure smells good to my tummy.” As if I needed further proof that I really do know these kids, while resting after their two grueling runs, Isaac cleverly hinted to Josh that a great break might be taken inside with all that food.

004

After only a short time, Isaac was done.

Will was not.

Josh, who is an incredible dad to spend his whole Saturday doing this, took Will back up for some night skiing. Will was devastated at the idea of returning the rental skis and boots. He is a boy in love--In love with skiing. Josh is also in love with skiing. I better become in love with starving, because now that they both love skiing, we may find our grocery budget shrinking and our skiing budget expanding.

006

Thanks for a great day on the slopes, daddy! ah hem, excuse me…slope. It is just one hill.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Yay! And I bet it was a huge sacrifice for Josh to take Will skiing all day long. :)