Monday, February 21, 2011

Lately

010

Lunch with Josh at MCW. Isaac was thrilled to meet him up there, and if you notice the Jimmy John’s wrappers I was thrilled too!

I’m not really great at just writing about what goes on around here day to day. But, I thought that I would do a little post to write what has been going on lately. Yesterday was Sunday. Like every Sunday we go to church. My boys love going to church. OOh Wee, do they love it! A conversation that I had with Isaac while getting ready for church last Sunday went like this:

Isaac: I hate church!

Me: no, you don’t

Isaac: Why do we even have to go to church?!

Me: because Jesus wants us to and it makes Him happy

Isaac: I don’t think Jesus even likes church!

Me: What? Of course he does.

Isaac: Well, I’ve never seen Him there!

That’s pretty typical. I should mention that when we are at church and after Sacrament Meeting, they actually like church quite a lot. That sitting quiet for a full hour is painful for them.

Lately, people have been wondering how far along I am. The answer to this is, far enough along to not feel sick anymore. I actually feel great. Not far enough along to really be showing, but definitely far enough along to look fat. And, I’m far enough along to be wishing by the end of the day that my pants were not of the button variety, but rather the elastic. Or in other words….16 weeks.

Lately, Josie is getting the hang of being a great night time baby again. The winter and teething season have been long. It seems like if she doesn’t have a stuffy nose, she is working on a tooth. Both of which make sleeping tough. For about a week now, she has decided that she would also like a night without interruptions, and has just been a sleepy angel. Today I didn’t hear from her until 8:45.

Lately, I’ve been wishing that spring would get here quick. I’m anxious to get out. I want to be able to say that I got out of the house today and have it not be to the grocery store of the boy’s school. We are a walking, park going people, and it’s making us a little crazy to be stuck in the house.

Lately, I’ve become an XBOX goddess to my kids. We got all versions of Sonic the Hedgehog that were ever made for the Xbox, and my boys find it pretty surprising that I rock it! This is fun, since I am pretty much the lady that cooks for them and cleans, and puts them in time out. It’s nice to be idolized…now I know how Josh feels all the time.

Lately, we are doing the same things we always do, and feel so blessed to be doing so.

2 comments:

emily j said...

I am excited for you to be having another baby!! Also, I know what you mean about the video games. My boys thought I was the COOLEST MOM EVER because of my Super Mario Bros skills. It was nice to be the hero for a change :)

Marci said...

Oh my goodness, you DID just do the pregnant thing. You are a brave, noble woman. Four may be a little more than I can handle, mostly because Hudson is harder than Addie and Max times two!! Congrats and keep rocking the xbox, spring is nearly here!!