Friday, January 2, 2009

GO UTES!


I don't understand why a lot of women don't like to watch sports--especially, football. Josh and I just had the most fun watching the Utes beat Alabama. The energy, the excitement, the strategy! My heart is still beating funny from all of it. I have always liked football. I grew up in a house where there was a lot of football watching going on, but it has been since I've been married that I really enjoy it. Each season I learn more and more. I understand formations, play calls, strategies...and tonight's game did not disappoint. I can honestly say that in all five+ years that I have been married 4 of the most fun nights have been watching college football bowl games. Here they are in no particular order, although tonight's was pretty, stinking awesome:
1) 2005 Fiesta Bowl. University of Utah vs Pittsburgh. I remember the let down of not playing a bigger school, but still being in a BCS bowl and winning was exciting.
2) 2006 Rose Bowl. Texas vs USC. Vince Young was amazing in this game! I was 6 months pregnant with Gig's and I was jumping up and down and screaming all game.
3) 2007 Fiesta Bowl. Boise State vs Oklahoma. The trick plays, the underdog...you can't ask for more!
4) 2009 Sugar Bowl. University of Utah vs Alabama. "What?!" (important to say like Chris Berman from ESPN) This game was incredible. The first quarter left my body all tingly, and then the defensive effort the rest of the game was phenomenal.
We married in 2003, so I'm sure that there were some pretty amazing games during the bowl series in 2004, but we only had one channel back then, leaving our selection minimal.
Ladies, if you aren't already fans, check out highlights on you tube...ask questions, only not too many during the actual game, this can become obnoxious, if you do, I know that football will not leave you disappointed.

6 comments:

The Bostons said...

I am learning... I too watched the game (at least more than I usually do.)

Thanks Megan!

AnnaMarie said...

It wasn't that awesome if you wanted Utah to lose. :) Haha. I don't like football and I don't plan to start. But good for you!

Serenity said...

I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan, but I did watch one of the games on your list. I will say I was pretty impressed. I've watched a few other no namer games... it doesn't quite do it for me. But if it's a good game, you're right very fun.

stef j. said...

did josh break in on the blogging world and do a post?

jk

i love football, but haven't watched it in ... i don't remember how long. we don't have TV. i bet i could order games on netflix. hmmm....

Megan said...

For those of you who say that you don't like football, I'm willing to bet money that you just don't understand it...because if you do, then what's not to love?

Charis said...

It truly was agreat game and I just love your blog. When I read it I always remember why I love you so much!