Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Red Letter Day!



How long does it take to lose nearly a full set of rubber maid and storage containers? Approximately 5 1/2 years. I opened my cupboard to find a storage container for some left overs, and forget finding the appropriate size, I was just looking for a bottom to one of my many random tops. How does this happen?!







After much searching, and even cleaning out my fridge, all I could come up with was this beauty. This particular storage receptacle has been stricken with the leprosy of tupperware. I know that you all have some like this too. They say microwave safe...but what they mean to say is microwave will leave said container horribly disfigured, causing it to never look clean, and forget ever being sent over to the neighbors with a yummy treat in it again, but yes, you can microwave this! Talk about embarrassing. The note attached to the whatever delicious baked good you wish to share with friends would read, "Dear Dan and Suzie, thanks for being so good to us. We really hope that you enjoy this delicious baked good. Oh, and we really did wash this tupperware before we sent it to you. We just microwaved spaghetti sauce and chili in it and it's never been the same since...you understand, right?"

After all of my searching, throughout the day, including searching through Josh's backpack and car for random pieces, this is all I could come up with. But, after a quick trip to Sam's Club, I can now proudly display...





These!
See what I mean? A red letter day and my red topped rubber maid. The order, the stackability, the neatness...these things bring peace to my soul.

5 comments:

Kali said...

You are so funny. I always get cracked up when reading your blog. Those look pretty handy. YAY for new storage containers! :)

lindsy said...

that is a pretty sight
I may need to run out and get some for myself

Darcy said...

We should count how many lids I have in my cupboard when you come over..hahaha we could have a good laugh together!

stef j. said...

hey, that's our tupperware! it makes me so happy to stack my lids and assorted sizes of clean, bubble-free plastic.

AnnaMarie said...

Oh that's just beautiful.