Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So Begins the Parade of Birthdays



I think that my family should have some research study done on them for, well, a lot of reasons, but the one I'm targeting today is our habitual need to reproduce around the same time each year. I'm not kidding, there must be something in our genetic make up that drives us to this kind of behavior. In August we celebrate 10 birthdays. The strangest thing is that we celebrate them all in succession. 6th-9th, 14th-18th. Truly bizarre. And so we begin the 8 days of birthdays...


On the first day of birthdays God has sent to me, a Grandpa named Andy. (Go ahead and appropriately stretch syllables to fit the tune of the song.)


Alternate first verse:
On the first day of birthdays God has sent to me a son named Williamry. (Go with it)


On August 6th 19-- (my grandpa isn't sensitive about his age, I just don't know what year he was born) my grandpa and his twin came to be. I am particularly fond of Grandpa because we have the same eyes (stinkin' graves disease). I can't imagine that Grandpa looks at blogs, but if he does, Happy Birthday!

Also, on August 6, 2004 another spirit joined our ranks. William. He is mine, and fortunately for him, so far, he does not have my eyes.

We celebrated today and he could not have been more excited. He woke me up today and said, "Mom, the sun is up and where are my birthday balloons?" I think that he had a great day. Josh only had a half day at the hospital today, so he was able to do the whole she-bang with us. I think it was all absolutely glorious to Will; as he ended his present opening with an enthusiastic, "I love my birthday!" Boy will tomorrow be a let down for him.



No comments: