Thursday, August 7, 2008

On the Second Day of Birthdays...

On the second day of birthdays, Heavenly Father sent to me, Jackie my mom (and a son named Williamry--alt ending and an eye twin named Andy)

Happy Birthday Mom. It's a little ridiculous to try and remember to send everyone a card on their birthday, but there is no excuse for forgetting to send you one. Sorry. I asked my mom when she came to visit if she had ever been "bad". Anything at all, normal teenage rebellion, a snotty pre-teen, anything! The answer was, nope. It's true, there isn't a bad bone in her body. She is the most steady, predictable person I know, and I'm sure that she has secured her spot in Heaven, because she has put up with a lot. My sister and I often talk about how its too bad we didn't get more of that soft, loving nature Mom has (pre-menopause mostly--she is still nice, but she has a little more sass to her now) but I'm hoping the longer I do this the more it will come.
Happy Birthday, mom.

1 comment:

Jill Best said...

You have more of Mom in you than you think.