Friday, August 3, 2012

We’re Back!

 

2012-07-24 20.29.28

We’re back, and things are a little messy around here!  I don’t think you can call what we just did a vacation.  6 weeks seems like it should be called something else.  Not a vacation. 

Way back in June, the kids and I planned to load up by ourselves and make the 1500 mile drive across the country to visit family in Utah.  I had told myself that this would be fine.  I could do it.  It would be hell, but we would make it.  Now, we may very well have made it, and it most definitely would have been hell, but thankfully, my brother, now known as St. Matthew, wouldn’t stand for it, and flew out to Milwaukee just so he could drive me and my 4 kids across the country.  If that doesn’t qualify him for sure entry into heaven, I don’t know what will.  He was even planning on driving us back, but lucky for him, Josh was able to take some time from the lab to join us for a week, and then make the trek back.  There are not enough thank you’s  for Matt’s willingness to chauffer a rowdy group like mine. 

I don’t even know how to blog about all that my boys got to do while they were in Utah.  They didn’t know it before this trip, but their Nana and Grandpa Brian are absolute rock stars, and had six weeks jam packed with action and fun every day we were there.  From camping, to go-cart racing, to football/baseball games and even the rodeo. Nothing was lacking, and much more will follow. 

For now, I answer the question most frequently asked of me since returning…."Does it feel good to be back?”

Well, it feels like my house is a mess, my kids are always “so stinkin’ bored”, the babies are crying, and bills are due, but when it comes right down to it, Yes!  its good to be back!

More blog posts are in order to cover the amazing time we had, but thanks to Nana and Brian for feeding, entertaining us, and being patient with us.  Thanks to my mom and dad for being on your mission so that we could move right into to your beautiful home!  It’s only a  little less beautiful since our stay.  Sorry Sad smile  Darn kids.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

I need more reading material for my middle of the night feeds please!

Kali said...

Glad you're glad to be back! :D Hope I feel the same way in a couple weeks after I return to Oklahoma after seven weeks in Utah. Good to have your stuff and space but sad to leave/miss family! Can't wait to see all your posts!

The Gray Gang said...

Jameson enjoyed his birthday cake !!! :) such a cute picture!

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome! More details! And pictures!

Darcy said...

I'm still waiting!