Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Don’t Get It

I’ve had the privilege of serving in the Young Women’s for the last couple of years.  Part of that calling is to help Jessie, the first counselor in the presidency, plan class activities.  Which I hardly ever do.  She is amazing, and does it all.  I did go to a class presidency meeting once though and do you know what those girls wanted to do?  Go to the beach and take pictures of themselves!  What?!  I know.  Weird.  We didn’t.  Jessie is far too sensible for that, but it doesn’t stop them from still wanting to do it.  I can tell you that I don’t get it.  Taking a bunch of pictures of yourself has got to be one of the most awkward things ever.  Do you set the self timer and pose?

DSCI1100

  That seems cheesy. 

Do you hold your arms out in front and hope for more total head, less up the nose shot?

DSCI1087

Or do you stand in front of a mirror and look like a goofy because everyone can see your camera?  Whatever is proper procedure, I’m uncomfortable with it.  It was necessary that I give it a shot though, because that same ultra capable Jessie just gave me a super fun hair cut, and since I don’t help with the young women’s the least I could do is give her credit.

DSCI1109

Thanks, Jess, for my sassy new do!  I love it!

7 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I'd go with the bathroom shot. The terrible lighting really makes an awkward self portrait tons better. I love it. Thanks for coming. Oh and PS, you give me too much credit.

Tyler said...

Oh, cute hair! I'm trying to grow mine out...but with the sudden 80s temps and the boys starting to grab...I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.

You can use your computer's camera! I only thought of that after I'd taken 8.5 months worth of camera plus mirror shots.

Tyler said...

Haha, obviously AnnaMarie

Jill Best said...

Love the hair! I have such a beautiful sister.

Margie c said...

Hey! Like the new blog format! Also LOVE your new haircut! Looks cute & sassy! Please greet Josh for me -- and the kids as well!

Margie Czechowicz

Darcy said...

So cute my friend! I love it! I'm in need of a cut and color from Jessie bad! I asked a girl from school what she charges just for a partial highlight and it was 95 dollars looks like I will be doing my own hair all one color until we leave California!

Kali said...

SUPER cute! and funny post! :D