Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Special Day

 

DSCI0983It’s a special day at our house.  Isaac turned 6!  A smattering of photos celebrating all things Isaac follows.

This one is taken first thing in the morning as he stumbled out of bed, and walked into birthday fun.

DSCI0984 

Isaac wearing his football birthday hat, which apparently brought out the inner line backer in him.  His kindergarten teacher told me that he gives her this pose sometimes at school.  Thankfully, she thinks it’s funny.

DSCI0988Josie’s turn in the football hat.  This was her only participation in the festivities.  She was very sick today.  I mentioned two days ago that she was handling the flu pretty well, but that must have been before she reached the hell stage.  From what I can tell, the flu goes like this.  1- warm and lethargic.  2- Hot and barfy.  3- VERY achy and crying.  We are at stage 3.  Poor baby.  Wow.  Talk about a tangent?!  Where was I?

DSCI0993Isaac trying on his new birthday cleats.  He also got a football game, Green Bay Packer trading cards, but I think the cold hard cash from Grandma and Grandpa Gardner stole the show.  As the money fell out of his card, his eyes got wide, the card got tossed, and he kept asking, “is the real money?  like real real?”

DSCI0994DSCI1001

Birthday dinner- homemade pizza (per Isaac’s request)  Football field birthday cake—to Isaac’s delight.  He requested that it be one half chocolate and the other half vanilla.  He really wanted chocolate, but he knows that Will doesn’t like chocolate so he asked for this cake for Will.  Sweet kid.  That wasn’t all the food we had today--  birthday sausage and pancakes, and a surprise lunch out to McDonald’s and playing at the park.  He and Will were both thrilled to be checked out of school for this Smile  (Josie was less thrilled to be drug along Sad smile )

DSCI0999This picture deserves to be big, because that is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

DSCI0997A birthday self-photo that says it all.  This birthday had me hopping from 8:30 last night until now, but it was all worth it.  Isaac felt special, and my objective was to make sure that was so.  One of my favorite things to do for my kids is to take time to show them that I really do notice them and care about them, and birthdays are a great way to take all of their favorites and let it all unfold before them.  Perhaps as a middle child he was especially thrilled with the little things like personalizing his wrapping paper with cut out Packer helmets and footballs, and his excited “wowee! I love the wrapping paper!”  was all that I needed to fuel hours of work for this little man.  Isaac makes us laugh every single day.  He is comic relief in a busy, crazy home.  He is kind and considerate of his family, especially Will, and we love him too. 

Happy Birthday boo-bear!  (ahem, excuse me, I mean, happy birthday Isaac.  I keep forgetting that you have requested we only call you Isaac from now on.  It will never happen again Mr. Gigglesworth, never again)

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

What a super awesome birthday! He's lucky to have such an awesome mother. I hope tomorrow is looking up for Josie. We celebrated Issac's birthday today too, wild and crazy like. (Oddly, last night when I was putting Kevin to bed he asked me when Issac's birthday was going to be. :) He must be able to sense things like this!)