Monday, April 9, 2012

…And They All Fall Down

It has been a rocky few weeks around here. It seems as though something other than my hairy legs have suffered from the long hours, and mega stress of the last few months, that thing being all of our immune systems. Most of the time I don’t feel like a family of 6 is that many, but it sure feels like a lot, when we cycle through sickness like hand-me-downs. It started with Will. Then me. Then Isaac. Then Josh. Now Will again, and Josh, and as of last night I have a fiery hot Jameson too. The only one who has managed to not get barfy, snotty, or excessively warm is Josie. I wondered for a while now if she was super human. This proves, yes, she is-- That and her undisputable ability to shriek louder and longer than any average human ever could when forced into her car seat. I’m sure it will hit her too.

In between the doses of Tylenol, barf bowls, and steamy sick bodies strewn about, I have managed to find a few things to be thankful for.

This is one of my favorite things that Josie does. She doesn’t like the vacuum. Every time I turn it on, she seeks refuge on the couch, but the cutest part is when I vacuum near her and she lifts up her feet for me, even though she is safely harbored two feet above. Love it.

DSCI0929

Baby baths in the sink, are super cute, although he’s kind of suited for the extra large and deep kind of sink, instead of the one I have, but still cute, nonetheless.

DSCI0957DSCI0958

Watching Josie score a touchdown, while daddy blocks for her. She’s pretty much the most awesome two year old, little girl, running back I know.

DSCI0954DSCI0955DSCI0956

And of course, Easter! In years past, I’ve made a really diligent effort to spend the couple of weeks before Easter teaching my boys all about the Savior’s life. Not so much this year. We did talk a lot about how when we are sick we can pray to Him, and he will comfort us, because He knows just how we are feeling. There’s always next year. When the Easter bunny comes to our house he always hides the kids baskets and makes them find it with the clues he leaves. Everyone’s Easter was a little anticlimactic since Isaac felt disappointed that we couldn’t do a lot of the things we normally would because half us are sick, and Will could only muster the energy to find his basket with the aid of me, and then after he did, didn’t touch it the rest of the day.

DSCI0935DSCI0938DSCI0941DSCI0943DSCI0946DSCI0948

Now we start Spring Break. Fingers crossed that by the end of it, I’ll have tucked all of the medicines, thermometers, and humidifiers to the proper places, and we can start living again.

3 comments:

Stine said...

So sorry to hear everyone has been feeling yucky. We've missed you guys this weekend. I just assumed you were off having a fun spring break somewhere! I hope everyone recovers quickly and you can enjoy the week off. Call us when you're all better!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, I hate the weeks of sickness that keeps going around! I hope it ends very soon!

I love the football pics! And holy hair, Jameson! You guys sure know how to grow 'em!

Kali said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better! LOVE that Josie plays football! too cute!