Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Hooray For Christmas!"


Before

After


The addition to our train set collection was a hit.



For Christmas I got a new mouse for my lap top, a pancake griddle, and new leather gloves. A funny thing about the gloves--I opened the gloves and noticed they were labeled XL. Most girls, I'm sure would fit into something much smaller, but, I on the other hand have amazon hands, and an XL, well, fits like a glove. Next time you see me, ask to compare hands, you'll see- no exaggeration here!



Josh got a GPS and Madden 'o9. We are now the proud owners of three different years of Madden football for the XBOX. This seems excessive to me, but I've been told by those who claim to know more than me, that this is not the case.


All in all, we had a really nice Christmas. Josh and I both feel thankful that we were able to produce such a nice Christmas for our boys. It breaks our hearts to think of the parents who would like to, but can't. I look forward to a day when I can do more to ease other's burdens.
The boys got more than they know what to do with. We have taken many of the smaller toys and put them into a box, so we can pull them out at a later time and have Christmas all over again. We missed our families this year, but I would say definitely less than the first year we were away from them. I have two theories as to why this is:
1) We are more used to being on our own, or...
2) They have become less lovable over the past two and a half years, making being away from them, almost like a blessing :)
Merry Christmas everyone! Now for all of us here in Milwaukee who have been the lucky recipients of 35 + inches of snow this December, may we all settle in for the "big freeze" and the upcoming months where the snow seems less like a magical accent to the season, and more like a big albino boa constrictor threatening to either smother you or grasp you so firmly that the life is simply drained from your body.

4 comments:

lindsy said...

looks like a great christmas!!

AnnaMarie said...

Nice boa constrictor analogy, first of all.

Second of all, HOLY COW! I thought you guys were poor! Santa was good to your boys! Yay! :)

Ok, I will compare hands with you...I bet I have you beat. But that just makes those octaves on the piano that much easier, right?

Merry Christmas!

Darcy said...

Fun, Fun, Fun...I'm dreading the next three months like no other! I HATE this PLACE!!! Zach said I need to change my attitude but I just can't seem to do it. It is a miserable place in the winter.

Jen I said...

Glad you guys had a good Christmas. I think I just remembered you have a blog. Lots of things escaped me this year....

I have pretty big hands too. Too bad we can't compare.