Thursday, September 22, 2011

‘Round Here

A few snip-its from our daily happenings.

DSCI0657

Every day after school the boys rush home so they don’t miss a second of their favorite TV show.  With this show a snack is expected,of course.  Their excitement to see the show is equally matched by how excited Josie is to see someone other than me.  So, here they all sit eating popcorn and watching Wild Kratts.

 

The careful observer may have noticed this ridiculous detail from the previous picture, but for those of you with an eye for the bigger picture…

DSCI0590

Josie sports piggies now!  Ok, there is pretty much more elastic there than hair, and still from the front, she is only kind of fuzzy, but it’s still fun, if not just plain silly.  One day she’ll have hair.  One day.

 

I used to think that my boys love for trains and automobiles was the enduring type of love, a love that would never diminish, but it has.  They are all sports all the time.  Unfortunately for them, there aren’t many kids around here for a pickup game of football, so some improvisation is needed at times.

DSCI0647

This is Will in his “one man huddle”.  His name, not mine.  It’s so funny.  He talks to himself and draws a play out on the grass and everything.

DSCI0648

Isaac, zigging and zagging.

DSCI0652

Often times, when asked nicely, they can even get Josie to come out and cheer for them.

Hmm…what’s missing?  Sweet Jameson of course.

He had his two month check up.  He is actually 9 weeks, but close enough.  He’s getting round and squishy all over.  He weighed 12lb even and was 23 in long.  It was a pretty terrible appointment.  Not for him so much, although he is the one that got the needles in his legs, but for poor little Jo, who upon entering the exam room was hysterical and insisted on being held and hiding in my neck the whole appointment.  Of course, all of this with Jameson in my other arm.  You would have thought the doctor would have come upon this and moved with a little haste, but it took just as long as always.  By the end we were all exhausted, I was sweaty, and relief couldn’t come soon enough as I was able to finally put Jameson in his car seat and physically forced Josie into hers.  Sure she was still screaming, but at least I wasn’t holding her anymore.  She is at that lovely phase where unless you have something good to bribe or distract her with, every time I go to put her in the car I have to be sure that I’m well rested, hydrated, sure footed and up for a good wrestling match—motherhood aint for sissies.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Motherhood definitely ain't for sissies. Good job. I love the football pics, but not as much as I love the pigtail picture. It took Jane forever to get hair, too!

Angie said...

I hear you on the carseat thing. Jameson is bigger than my baby Grace! She isn't growing super fast. She just started some solids this week, though. Great pictures!