Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jameson

 

DSCI0572

I’m pretty sure that by 8 weeks old Josie had at least 6 posts just about her.  I think Jameson has 1.  This comparison should not be used in anyway to indicate how loved they are, but rather, how much more ridiculous life is around here now.  I thought it long overdue that baby J get a post just for him. 

Below are a couple of  pictures that sum up what life is like for Jameson.

DSCI0619

Notice creepy Will sneaking up in the background…

DSCI0568

Notice Jo’s finger coming in to give him a swift poke while I try to take pictures of him on his special day…

There are more.  So many more.  It is rare to just get a picture of Jameson, and with that comes the rarity of moments alone with Jameson. Period. 

DSCI0636DSCI0638DSCI0645DSCI0646

A little about my 8 week old boy.

I don’t know how big he is, but he is definitely getting chubby.  Just look at those cheeks.  I don’t know how much Jameson would like some time to just chill on the floor or in his bouncy chair, because that can’t happen with Josie on the prowl.  I’m not sure what he thinks of all of the craziness that surrounds him, but what I do know is that he has the squishiest, most kissable cheeks in the world.  I know that one smile from him a day is all that I need to change as many diapers as he can produce, nurse him for hours on the couch as the other three tear my house apart, and bounce and walk with him for as long as he needs to help him fall asleep. 

I was rushing around this morning, cleaning the house, and getting us ready to go to the store.  I set Jameson down so that my hands were freed up, and I noticed after a while that he had quietly fallen asleep where I set him.  I know that this should have made me feel great-  A nap with no effort from me, but I felt bad.  I feel like Jameson only gets attention when he is loud about it.  To an overtired, overworked mom his drifting off felt like him giving up on getting noticed, and that broke my heart, so I stopped what I was doing and scooped him up.  Josie was distracted pulling toys out and throwing them around the room, so it was the perfect time to just sit and snuggle. 

We love you, little one.

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

Aww, he's just awesome, Megan. Don't feel guilty when he falls asleep by himself! He's a happy kid, no doubt, and will only love the chaos more and more as he grows up.