Friday, September 9, 2011

One Week Down


DSCI0605


The boys, waiting for their bus.


Will and Isaac have been in school now for a week, and it is going surprisingly smooth. I expected pretty much everything to be a disaster—both for them and for me here with the babies, but they seem to be holding up their end of all of this pretty well. When Will got off the bus the first day I excitedly asked how it went, completely expecting a slew of complaints to come tumbling out of his mouth, but he said, “It was a lot better than I thought it would be.” Can't ask for more than that! Anytime something exceeds our expectations that is pretty great. When Isaac got off the bus he said it was terrible and that he hated it. Knowing Isaac, this is exactly what I expected, so instead of responding with a horrified, “Oh no! Why?!” I just gave him a quick, “hmm” and talked to him about it when we got home while he was eating Cheezits. I knew with a snack going in that all the good things about school would come out. I was right. He has liked every day, and is adjusting to the full day great (so far).



That leaves me and the babies…


We are doing good. There are moments of pure ridiculousness, when Josie gets her mind set on something. Such as, when she insisted on wearing Will’s ski helmet while I was trying to get Jameson dressed after his bath. So we went from getting him dry and dressed to putting on the helmet, and then the last picture of Jameson speaks for itself.


DSCI0631


1- Working on this


DSCI0626


2- Must have this!


. DSCI0632


3- Resulting in this


The situation does, of course, reverse at times.


Jameson still spends a lot of time eating, keeping my lap pretty booked up, which can mean moments like these as well…


DSCI0633


But, overall, it is good. I love that my big kids are at school, learning and being entertained, and I love that my babies are home with me so that in the few minutes they aren’t crying or needing something I can capture moments like these…


DSCI0644

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

SO cute! I love Josie's purple outfit! Jameson is getting bigger already! I'm glad the boys get out to school and let you have some baby time. And it's good for them, too!

The Gray Gang said...

If you need some time, bring Josie to play at our house. Jameson's not invited but we would love to have Josie!!! (and really we would watch both again! I can handle screaming babies especially if the end result is a good long nap!)