Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sweet as Sugar

Josie 7 weeks
I can't get enough of this little girl. She is wonderful. Being the primary care giver to an infant is the best job in the world. It is super demanding, but the payoffs are enormous. Josie started really smiling about 2 weeks ago--awesome. When she is upset and unhappy in someone else's arms, give her to mom--calm. There is a special kind of love felt from a little creature that is quite literally dependent on you for everything.
A little bit about my girl:
Since we brought her home, she has been an incredible little sleeper. I only had one night where she seemed to have her days and nights reversed, and even then she was happy while she was awake. I'm not sure how long Josie would go at night without needing to eat, because it seems I always wake her at some point to feed her so that I can get some sleep, if you know what I mean. She has consistently slept around 6 solid hours every night since we've brought her home and when she does wake to eat, goes right back to sleep. Compared to my boys, this is golden.
She has started to become a little more fussy in the evenings, but even her fussy is cute.
Her brothers love her, especially Will. Isaac calls her "little precious", and Will is convinced that he speaks her language. They are good big brothers. When Josie is screaming in the car they try to calm her by singing this funny little song they made up that only has one line that they repeat over and over, "Please stop crying". It's so funny to hear. They also give her updates on how close we are to home so she can hang in there.
Josh is goo when he is around her. I love to watch them together. His eyes are absolutely filled with love every time he sees her.
We couldn't have asked for a better baby girl.

3 comments:

lindsy said...

What a lucky girl to have two sweet big brothers :) I'm a little jealous of your consistent 6 hours of sleep. We're working on it still!

AnnaMarie said...

Aw, her little cheeks are filling out some! How sweet. I'm glad you have a perfect angel of a baby!

Kali said...

She is so cute! Your post made me quite excited.
Glad so many family members could make it for Josie's special day!