Thursday, June 10, 2010

Josie's Blessing

Josie getting her blessing dress put on by Aunt Alisha.
Josie and my oldest sister, Jill. She spent MANY hours crocheting this incredible dress. I can't thank her enough. It is beautiful.


Josie was blessed on Sunday, June 6th, by Josh. He gave her an incredibly special blessing, and it seemed to include the very things that I have been pleading with Heavenly Father to teach me how to teach her. Small miracles. We were lucky enough to have some of our family join us for this event. My mom and dad were there, my sister Alisha, my brother Jared and his wife, Melissa, and as a huge surprise my sister Jill and her husband Alan drove a long 7 hours to be with us--and what did I do to show my gratitude for this tremendous kindness they showed me? I completely forgot about them and almost made them and me miss the blessing! They were waiting to follow me to the church. They went out the front door, I went out the back, and zipped off the back way without one thought of them waiting in the front. In my defense, it was a hectic morning, and not one of the other three adults in my car remembered them either. Sorry Jill and Alan. Thank you to everyone who came to support us, it really meant so much, and I loved watching Josie get to snuggle into all those new family members.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, how nice. I LOVE the dress! Sorry we couldn't be there. That would have been really, really nice.

Jill Best said...

It meant a lot to me to be able to attend Josie's blessing and see what a wonderful mother my baby sister has become.