Monday, June 22, 2009

Save Big Money at Menard's

This morning for the fifth time in a weeks time Will knocked his bowl of cereal on the floor. The first FOUR times I gave him the benefit of the doubt, telling myself, "oh that poor, clumsy, child. It's not his fault-I've been known to fall over for no reason at all." But, when we asked him if it was an accident or if he did it on purpose, he said he meant to do it! I've never been one to claim patience as one of the virtues I posses, but I guarantee it was running thin this morning. As I scrubbed the rug and picked up Capn' Crunch off the floor, somewhere in the thick of my rant I was telling Will he needed to give me all of his money, so that I could buy a new rug that wouldn't smell like stale milk. This was particularly upsetting to him since over the weekend he got his first visit from the tooth fairy, and now I was threatening to take that dollar away.
A few moments after this all happened and I was no longer breathing fire at him, a commercial came on the t.v. It was an advertisement for Menard's (home improvement store) and there catch phrase is, "Save big money at Menards". Will heard this and jumped all over it. "I know mom, we will get the new stuff there, and save big money at Menard's. I can keep my money!"
He is a turd--but he is a clever turd.

2 comments:

The Bostons said...

Will is very SMART! He is a good listener and can really use the useless information when it benefits him most!

AnnaMarie said...

That's hilarious. I love Menard's.