Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In The Summer Time?

How would we know? We live in Wisconsin, it isn't summer yet, but, when summer does come it will look a whole lot like the group of pictures below. Without further adieu, and in no particular order, I present: "Another walk in the woods--the only thing we do."
Will and Isaac work hard on these walks, and luckily for them there are benches conveniently located for a quick rest.
This hill takes us back toward our house and through the meadow. By this point in the walk the kids are pretty tired and are beginning to ask for such ridiculous things as "hold me!" We get creative and play follow the leader to distract them, and this is Giggies leading.

Best friends


Me loving on Giggies

The boys holding their "fishing poles". They always find fishing poles and try to catch fish (moss) when we go to the waterfall.




When I announced that we would be heading to the waterfall on this walk, Isaac immediately reached down to grab handfuls of wood chips and rocks to shove in his pockets. He loves to watch them fall over the edge.


I think that I am lucky enough to have been raised in Utah and be surrounded by the mountains all my life. There really is no place like it, but my new home in Wisconsin leaves me equally in awe of my surroundings. All of these pictures are literally right out my front door, and it is a blessing to be able to live here ( June through September, that is)


I am sure that we will be doing a whole lot of this during the summer as well.








2 comments:

Jen I said...

That's so fun that you guys do that all the time! See what a fun, active mom you are? Too bad in the summertime we watch tv because I get too dang hot to go out!! Ok, I should stop being lazy. Except there are no mountains here anyway.

Darcy said...

Wow I have never seen a waterfall in Milwaukee!!!