Thursday, May 7, 2009

Any takers?

Since the end of November, I've been dealing with a pretty annoying knee "injury". This prevented me from doing too much running between then and now, but over the last few days, I seem to have found my groove again. I am SO thankful. It is a pity to not be able to run around the Wisconsin parks and trails in the 3 months that we have beautiful weather of the whole year, so I could not be happier with this development.
I've been waking up at 5:00am and going to the gym for the last month, and I love this schedule. I have learned something about myself--I suppose I knew this about myself before, just didn't realize how much it really did permeate all aspects of my life--and that is that I hate when I don't get to do things on my terms. One of those things is waking up in the morning. I got so sick of waking up to the boys already bickering or fighting, or jumping on me, and said "Enough!" That is why I started waking up so early, and now I really just like it. I am such a better mom for it-at least for the first hour or two of the day-you know the two hours when I am at the gym and my kids are not in sight-I am a FANTASTIC mom then :)
I title this any "takers", because maybe, just maybe, there are other moms out there looking for an exercise buddy, or a chance to do something on their own terms, and wouldn't mind joining me for my 5:00 (ish) runs in the park? If you do, let me know. I know that you won't regret it.

3 comments:

lindsy said...

since I'm on the other side of the country, I won't take you up on being an exercise buddy, but I totally relate to needing to wake up earlier to enjoy the morning instead of being jumped on or getting up because the boys are waiting for me to get out of bed. For the last .... 3 years ... I've said I'd get up earlier and now I'm really going to try it. Thanks Megan

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, I wish I could, but I'm in Minnesota. And when I get back, I'm pretty sure I'll be sleeping at that time. But otherwise I totally for sure would.

P.S. We spent all day today looking at apartments and houses, and as we got in the car after each appointment and started driving, Katie said, "Megan's house!" Seriously like 12 times today.

emily j said...

I am so happy for you that your knee is doing better. I would love to join you running, but I have too many excuses not to....too far of a drive, I have to be home before 6 so Keith can go to work, and I don't think I could get my butt out of bed at 5am. I admire your drive though :)