Tuesday, February 10, 2009

At Least I Know He Was Listening

Last night for family home evening I talked to the boys about what we can do to be nice to each other. Lately, the boys have been antagonizing one another pretty much non-stop. One of them always comes bawl-babying to me about being hit, or touched, or poked, or looked at--Well, I decided to try to help remedy the problem with a touching, spiritual lesson. So, last night I told the boys that when they hit each other it isn't nice, and it makes Heavenly Father very sad because he loves them and doesn't want to see them get hurt.


Flash forward to today after Will gets home from school...

Slap! (Will smacks Isaac on the back)

Me: Will, what do you think you're doing?!

Will: Making Heavenly Father very sad.

Me: (sigh).

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Too funny! We miss you guys :(

Anonymous said...

I remember those days with Josh and Jenn...you have a long road ahead of you...the same road all parents travel but can look back at and laugh as long as there was no major damage done! You guys are doing an awesome job though :)

Anonymous said...

This is classic, and all too familiar!! I love reading your blog good times!! -Carrie