Thursday, October 10, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Early this morning I drove Josh to the airport.  He is going to watch his sister get married in Belize.  If all goes well, he’ll get to spend a few days relaxing at the beach on a tropical island.  I thought I would feel jealous as I pulled away, and he walked through the doors.  Instead though, I felt grateful to be heading back to my life.  My kids.  My home.  As hard as some days, weeks, months, even years have been in motherhood, I cannot deny the fact that there is nothing I’d rather be doing, and nowhere else I’d rather be than right where my kids are.  Would a break every now and then be nice…absolutely!  but it was an awesome feeling to know that where I am and what I am doing is exactly what is supposed to be happening.  That is peace.

DSCN0137DSCN0142DSCN0143DSCN0144DSCN0135

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

You're a good mom and wife. I'd be totally jealous.

Kali said...

I am jealous! :)