Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Winter Walk

For about a week now it has looked at little more like what Wisconsin should look like in the winter time.  We actually had some snow last week.  Not much, but enough that when I got the kids decked out in ALL their snow gear it was too deep for the them to walk through without tipping over with each step.  Our plan was to build a snowman, but with the unsteady footing we decided to go for a walk.  When you work that long and hard on something—getting three toddlers dressed in full snow apparel is not a job for a quitter—you make lemonade with lemons.  A walk we could manage. Smile  The third amigo is our new friend we babysit a couple days a week. 

DSCI1675

DSCI1679

What do you think, body double for the Michelin man?  I love that little chubby!

DSCI1687

I miss the outside.  It took us about 20 minutes to get ready for the walk, and the walk itself couldn’t have been a minute longer than that before we had returned and shed the layers, but it was still worth it!  I hear the parks beckoning us home!

 

Separate news, I made it through another Sunday without Josh.  I surprised even myself by having us sitting in the chapel, ready for Sacrament Meeting, a few minutes before it actually began!  I’m not sure why I can manage to get the boys to school by 8:30 but find it an amazing feat to get all of us to church by the same time, but I’m finding my groove.  The primary kids sang two songs in Sacrament Meeting today.  “Jesus Said Love Everyone” and “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus”.  I taught them sign language to the latter, which we have been practicing for a couple of months now.  They did such a great job.  I was a little nervous when one little boy positioned himself right in front of the microphone.  He has a history of really singing out!  He kept it contained until nearly the chorus, and bit by bit his volume creeped up.  He did it with a huge smile, it was well received by the parents, but it did completely panic the two people to either side of him, one of which was Will.  They’ve been there for past songs when his singing hovered right on the edge of shouting and then others where you’d think he was the lead in a metal band as “Choose the Right” is forcefully commanded by him—nobody can project quite like this one Smile .   A couple of very nice people offered to help with Josie and Jameson while I led the kids to which I had to respond, “Oh no, they’ll scream their heads off.  This will be better.”  They each turned away bewildered and probably thinking I’m just over protective of my kids, but the truth is, they would have screamed their heads off, so for 3 minutes I could manage with them.  Surprisingly, since Jameson has been old enough to go to nursery, he goes!  Very little carrying on about it, and they haven’t had to bring him to me.  He seems to be one of the few 18 month olds who realizes that being locked in a room with other little kids and tons of toys isn’t so bad after all!  That is a blessing. 

No comments: