Friday, December 14, 2012

So Thankful for Hugs

Today, at 3:15 I loaded my babies in the van and drove to the elementary school.  I waited anxiously, wondering if news from the day had been shared with my boys.  They usually take the bus home, but I couldn't wait the additional 30 minutes the bus takes to bring them to me.  As the children excitedly spilled onto the sidewalks, I knew the tragedy of this day had not touched them.  First I saw Isaac.  He ran to me and threw his arms around my waist. I held on tight.  Then out came Will excited to tell me what a great day he had.  I brought them both in for big squeezes, and then held on a little longer, first for their grandma and grandpa serving a mission who surely thought of their many precious grand kids sitting in classrooms back home, and then longer still for a Nana and grandpa who love them dearly and were certainly thinking of them this day.  Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the chance I had to hug my kids.  Please encompass those families who couldn't with your perfect love and mercy.


No comments: