Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jameson “Rutherford” Brown

This is my JJ.  Josh calls him Rutherford.  This little guy has been severely neglected on this blog, and that has got to stop.

DSCI1449

You would think with him being the baby and all that he would always be the star of the show, but the truth is, since he is the only non-talker in our house, he is often drowned out by everyone else’s incessant jabber.  He is sweet though.  Have you ever seen more round, blue eyes? 

DSCI1450

I like this picture, because it captures how his plump cheeks still rest on his chest.  They are ultra soft, and super squishy, thus equaling highly kissable.

I took Jameson in for his 15 month check up today.  Thankfully, only one more to go until he is done with all the immunizations.  There are a lot of things  I love about being a mom, but visiting the pediatrician every three months for the first year and a half stinks.  He is healthy and strong, and doing great.  It’s been fun to watch Jameson over the last couple of weeks.  Ever since Jameson has been mobile, he is in constant motion (unless Curious George, Caillou, or Yo Gabba-Gabba are on).  Now that he walks-nearly runs-everywhere, and has proven to be a masterful climber, that really hasn’t changed.  He is into everything ALL the time.  More than into everything, he likes to be on top of everything.  If there is a chair or other object left in his view, he will find a way to climb on top of it, and then teeter dangerously close to the edge, while squatting up and down squealing with delight at how amazing he is.  It’s what he likes to do, but lately, he has been pausing more to notice his surroundings, and figure things out a bit.  His curiosity is emerging.  It’s fun to watch him build towers, and do the shape sorter, which he can do really well.  He finds an old cell phone and wanders around yelling at someone.  It’s funny to hear him yell, perhaps that’s how he perceives all my phone calls going?

Something that he should not be proud of is magnetic reaction to all things toilet related.  The plunger, the scrub brush, but especially the bowl itself.  Loves it all.  Grosses us out.  We keep him from it as much as possible, but every once in a while, he sneaks in there, and mayhem ensues.  If Jameson were to ever develop some mysterious illness, my first inclination would be to ask the doctor, “Do you think this could be toilet related?  Maybe toilet bowl fever?  or something equally obscure?”  He would be the one to catch it.

He continues to be a spotty sleeper.  Naps no problem.  We still have nights though where I find myself saying at 3:30am, “What the?!…Jameson…this is not play time!”  Only it is.  He’ll climb all over me shrieking and slobbering while I desperately try to sleep, until after an hour or so he is ready to go back to bed.  The worst part is, when that happens, he goes ahead and treats himself to a later wake up time, whereas my day starts as scheduled.  Thanks a lot, J!

Jameson and Josh have shared a special relationship from very early on.  Jameson has been Josh’s solace during very busy, hectic times in the lab.  He would come home, pick up Jameson and just go out and walk with him.  There was something about breathing in that little guy that brought a lot of peace for Josh.   As a result, something absolutely unprecedented, but not necessarily unwelcomed happened.  Josh became his favorite!  This has never happened to me before!  My kids always loved me best!  I didn’t know what to make of this, nor did I know how I felt about it, until it dawned on me one afternoon when Jameson was whining at Josh’s feet for no apparent reason, that it wasn’t necessarily all bad.  I could have picked him up, but he didn’t want me.  He wanted Josh.  Kind of nice.  Thankfully, Jameson’s love isn’t exclusive, and he has plenty of room for mommy and daddy, so I’m not too insecure about his blatant favoritism.  I think I’ll be able to win him over in the end! 

We love you Jameson Rutherford Brown!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Aww, so sweet. I love this post!

The Gray Gang said...

Jameson's cheeks! I CAN'T get over them. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever... oh wait, I haven't! We've been MIA as far as church goes... 2 bouts with the flu and two weekend trips to see family. Some day I will see you again and I will catch up with you. I hope things are well!!!!