Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day

 

DSCI1349

Here is the back of my boys on the first day of school.  They are waiting for the bus.  Perhaps a picture of the front of my boys would have been a more traditional choice for the “back to school” photo, but I was pretty sure that I would just capture, forever, the sullen, growly disposition of Isaac that morning, so instead I chose to take a picture of the back of him, and then I can picture the front of him filled with excitement and elation as he embarks on furthering his education!  He was not happy to go back to school, to put it mildly.  Almost, embarrassingly so.  He stomped and growled (really, growled, like an animal all the way to the bus stop)

DSCI1351

Josie, waiting with them.

After a long time the bus came.  She was running late.  I was very nervous, that Isaac might try to bolt.  I thought there was a good chance he just wouldn’t get on, but…

DSCI1377

To my relief (and surprise) when the bus came, he got up, and got on. 

DSCI1378

Josie, energetically waving and saying, “Bye boys! See you soon!”

We had done it!  Everyone was on the bus and headed to where they should be.  No fuss, no tears, until…

DSCI1353

She realizes they really left her Sad smile

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Awww. This breaks my heart!

The Gray Gang said...

Her hair is cute!!! Poor girl. Must be a crazy adjustment for her to rule the roost all day.

Kali said...

How sad for Josie! :( So cute how much she loves her brothers though!