Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Surprise

This year, the original plan for Thanksgiving was to go to my oldest sister’s house in Kentucky.  With all the work that Josh is trying to get done, that kind of trip became pretty much impossible to do.  Josh and I thought it would be fun instead to do a little mini vacation to Chula Vista.   Then we thought, let’s make it a surprise!

So, on Wednesday afternoon I secretly got everything ready, and loaded up the kids to go get Josh at the lab so we could go to a buffet for dinner (something they love to do).  We told them that we were going to a buffet that was pretty far away, so that they wouldn’t start whining when it took longer than fifteen minutes to get there.  Surprisingly, we were at least an hour into the drive before Isaac started mumbling under his breath that he thought it was pretty dumb to go to a buffet that was so far away.  Will didn’t seemed phased by the distance.  Another 15 minutes goes by and Isaac starts complaining again.  Josh and I decided to tell them at that point.  It took a few minutes and hints before it really sunk in that we were indeed going to a buffet, and that it was at the Dell’s, and that we were staying overnight.  The following picture captures that exact moment when the stars aligned for them.

DSCI0762

Unfortunately, this is the last of the pictures from the fun getaway.  I put the cameral in the glove box and forgot all about it.  We stayed in one of their ultra nice 2 bedroom condos, that Josh got a screaming deal on at 90% off!  Plus, he managed to land us our Thanksgiving dinner for free too!  When we got in the room Isaac started hollering, “I never want to leave this place! This is the best place we have ever lived!”

Didn’t feel terribly Thanksgivingy, but I didn’t have to cook, so, all in all a pretty awesome time.

DSCI0761

I never would have thought that we would have gotten so much use out of all the headbands Josie has.  I was sure that by 19 months we would have moved onto  barrettes and pony’s, but not so.  She’s still pretty cute though.

 

A random bit,  to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday, thank you.  30 feels old, but my visiting teaching partner made me feel a little better.  She remembered my birthday was coming up, and asked how old I would be.  I told her 30 with my nose all scrunched up in disbelief that my 20’s were over, and she said, “oh crap! I’m more than twice your age!”  My response to you, Jan, is I have twice the amount of kids as you, so that makes it a wash, right?

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome about your trip! I'm so glad you got to go, and got a great deal. How do you get a great deal like that? It couldn't have been mentioning my dad, because I'm pretty sure he paid more than that...? I love Josie in her headband! Adorable!

Stine said...

I love that you caught that moment on camera! What a fun weekend and a great memory... and how do we get 90% off too?!

The Gray Gang said...

How fun! I love the picture. Josie hasn't a clue but is happy cuz the boys are. Happy birthday lady!

Spencer said...

I can't believe you're 30! That's just embarrassing. Hope you guys are enjoying school, as much as year 6 can be enjoyed.