Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Because He Deserves it, and Other Stuff

 

DSCI0739

This is the typical scene whenever Daddy comes home.  Really, an every day occurrence.  Daddy dog pile.  So fun.

DSCI0741

This is also another classic daddy moment.  He did it with Will, Isaac, and now with Josie, and each responds in a different way, but all love it.

“Down!  Set!  Hut! Hut!”

Will would run screaming (gleefully)

Isaac would attack him

Josie mirrors his position.  It’s so funny.

Why the special tribute to fun daddy times?  Well, because they are getting to be more of a treat with all the hours he has had to work lately.  Josh met with his thesis committee last week, and we got the great news, that graduating with his PhD is pretty much a sure thing in June.  Hooray!  However, in order to make this happen he is working so hard.  That is saying something, because he has been working really hard all along, but now it’s border line crazy.  I know it’s so hard on him to not wrestle his babies every day, but I’m grateful for all that he does.  Yay Josh!

Some other stuff…

Hey, Josie, do you feel the burn?

DSCI0744

Oh yeah, mom, I’m feeling it!

If you look closely, you’ll see tears streaming down her face and her eyes are all red, but just try and take the chips and salsa away from her.  I dare you.  Trust me when I say that she didn’t mind.

At least I offered some relief.

DSCI0743

 

I call the next series of pictures “Ooh, a little red light”

There aren’t many pictures of Jameson, because I’m always holding him while I’m taking everyone else’s picture, and you just read how daddy is shackled to the lab, but I did try the other night.  He was so smiley and cute, but the red light on the camera got the best of him.

DSCI0758

This was the closest I got to his normal face, and it isn’t very close.

DSCI0756

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I just love the startled baby pictures. He's getting some chub! :) It's such a sad life for med school/residency daddies. It makes me grateful that at least I'm here for them all the time!

Darcy said...

Yeah for the baby pictures!! They are all so adorable !