Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Best Kid Ever

 

177

It is fitting that today I stop talking about the things that I know less about and start talking about the things I know for sure, and one thing I know for sure is that this kid, is a great kid.  From the time Will was a small baby we’ve always known he was a “thinker”.  He is smart.  He is thoughtful.  He is analytical, and he is thorough.  The need for perfection and improvement flows through his little body.  He is independent, and sure of himself.  This has always been the case.  Trying to reign all of these things in and get everything in sync has been a process.  At three years old Will struggled with speech this sent us on a journey to get the help he needed.   He started the early childhood program at Whitnall Elementary, and the progress he has made has been incredible.  Today I met with the many people who have helped Will along the way and we all agreed that Will struggles no more.  As much as there have been people there to help Will, it is Will who has done the work.  I am proud beyond measure that academically he is soaring, and that socially he is awesome, but the thing that makes me the most proud is that every person that he has worked with in the past 3 years, and off the top of my head I count 15, have expressed what a joy he is.  That he is a kid with an incredible heart.  He is always striving to do the right thing.  He is kind and sweet, and there isn’t anything I’d rather hear.  Mr. Will, I am proud of you today.  You just may be the best kid ever.

3 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

That's awesome! I love a good proud mommy day!

AnnaMarie said...

That's nice, Megan. And I thought this post was going to be about Josie.

Darcy said...

He is a great kid! I miss listen to him talk to me and tell me all sorts of funny things!