Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mother Heart

I'm pretty sure when Sis. Beck was talking about developing a "mother heart" a while ago (I'd find the reference, but it's too early for that kind of thinking) that she meant to include that you will recognize that you have arrived, or are at least making some good ground when your child comes up to you with a panic stricken face and says, "I think I need some water..." and then the next thing you know a waterfall of stomach contents comes crashing down on your hands, legs, and feet (not to mention your brand new rug) and all you can think while your feet squish in the yuck is, "Oh, poor baby. I'm so sorry you don't feel well."
That is a mother heart! Am I right, ladies? :)

*I've been lucky to have had two opportunities to strengthen my mother heart this week. The above mentioned, and another having to do with a lot of bedding and a completely different child*

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Yep, I think that qualifies. :) We know you have a mother heart. And a clean house. (You got new carpet?)

Jen I said...

Yeah, you must be much further in your development than me. :)

Charis said...

You make motherhood look so easy! But Josie is such a sweetheart! And the pride and joy of her Mommy! It shows!