Thursday, January 7, 2010

An Answer to Prayer

Monday night we had gathered around the table for dinner, and Will offered up a very fervent dinner prayer, that went as follows:
"Dear Heavenly Father, help up to follow the prophet, help us to follow the commandments. Bless this food that it will get better..."

Tell me how I'm not supposed to take that personally. Ouch. Well, as was pointed out to me by my dad last night, perhaps the happenings of yesterday are a direct result of Will's humble prayer.

In the last 6 months we have had to replace our washer, dishwasher, and now our oven. Apparently 12 years is the lifespan on appliances or something, because our garage was beginning to look like an appliance grave yard. So, yesterday, in an effort to make us appear a little less trashy, I called an ad from Craigslist that some guy had posted who was just itching to have our junk, and sure enough within a half hour of calling he was here in his beat up, rusty toyota, threw all three appliances in the back, and just like that he raised our class level from "yes we park our cars on the lawn" to "we are just as sophisticated as you, we just choose to adorn our yard with tonka trucks instead of cherub fountains".
Which brings me to this beauty. I used it for the first time this morning, and I think I'm in love. No, it isn't THAT fancy, but it isn't a fire hazard (as was the one it replaced) it is A LOT nicer and the price was incredible. $170 at Sam's Club. The stars aligned...deal of a life time, right? or perhaps, just Heavenly Father extending his tender mercy on my little Will in an effort to help make this food better.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Ooh, Megan. Very nice.

Kali said...

You're kids are so cute and funny!

emily j said...

I love that!!