Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First, we have a little bit of a problem...

We had our ward Christmas party last Saturday. It was a crazy day. From the moment I woke up until I was finally able to lay down I was on the go. I remember walking into the party and thinking, why doesn't everyone else look more frenzied?! Then I remembered, that only I had to make a bizillion candy "wreath" necklaces for the primary, come up with a craft for them to do, prepare the song that I was supposed to sing and play for the program, and make a dessert before we got there. Thankfully, it all went fine. As you can see from the picture below, Santa made an appearance. I asked Will if he talked to Santa, because I didn't see if he did or not, and luckily, Sis Givich caught this priceless moment on camera for me.



Their interaction went as follows:

Santa: Hello! Have you been a good boy?
Will: Yes. I've been good, but FIRST we have a little bit of a problem.
Santa: What's that?
Will: I have been asking my mom to take me to the flower store (Menard's-that's where we buy our flowers in the summer time) because we don't have a chimney, and I thought we could pick one up there, but she keeps saying "No". I keep telling her that you need the chimney, but she's not listening to me! So, first, I want a chimney.
Santa: (chuckles to himself)
Will: Then, I want a remote control monster truck.

I'm almost positive that even if Santa brings the remote control monster truck, that there will still be an element of let down Christmas morning when Santa didn't listen to him either!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Cute Santa exchange. :) And...yikes, did you ever hear of delegating?

Beads Bee Boutique said...

Ha ha! That's so adorable. Sounds like a little Josh! :)