Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Little Hesitant...

For some time now, people have been giving us their blog addresses and asking for mine, when I quickly say, "Oh, I don't have one." It is always followed by them saying, "You should do one, it really is fun!" Then I would go on telling them, something like, "what's the point? nobody would read it." With this in mind, I proceed in starting a blog anyway, knowing that there is a good chance that nobody will ever read it. It's too bad really, because they don't know what they will be missing. Please sit down and enjoy the ride as I prove my case that I am worth reading.

I have a cold.

I joke with my family especially those of us that are well-endowed (in the nose area) that the "badness" of a cold directly correlates with the size of the nose. My colds always follow the same course of action, and now that I'm blogging, it seems you all get to share this with me. Day 1 to day 1 and 1/2 is the sore throat phase. Not just any sore throat, but rather, the kind where your throat is a fire cauldron, and every thing that you swallow just happens to be laced with knives, or so it seems. Then, the congestion sets in around the second day. This is where I currently lie. The kind of congestion where you swallow, and you feel this pull of pressure from every direction in your head. You spend all day blowing and blowing your nose, but you never get anything out, but then something absolutely mysterious happens. One minute you are at the door thanking the UPS man for your package, and then suddenly you cover your face in horror as you realize that snot is dripping from your nose and onto said package while the delivery man is handing it to you. (true story) It's as though someone just turns on the flood gates, for a brief moment, and with this comes the hope that just maybe the congestion will subside, but that is never the case. Unfortunately, the phenomenon goes as quickly as it comes.
There is a silver-lining in all of this. I have never had my three year old rally around me, and genuinely cheer for my success like he does when I am, "blowing all my boogers out of there" Go mommy, go! It's nice to feel loved.

No comments: