Friday, July 24, 2015

I Couldn't Not Blog This



Long time, no blog.  Life is nutso, and blogging is overwhelming, but something happened yesterday that gave me that final push I’ve been waiting for.  Granted, so many other “typical” blog-worthy things have happened in the last year.  We bought a new house.  Many birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays happened.  Just got home from an epic summer vacation with the kids, but none of it was enough to inspire this beautiful mind, until we met Q.


Yesterday, Josh and I were having a date night at Burger King –one thing that hasn’t changed is that we are still poor, and still spend date nights at fast food places, where we were gifted the best business card in the history of business cards.  Q, is the owner (I use that term loosely) of said business, but after reading his card, and his very friendly delivery of it, I knew I liked him.


businesscardbk




Available via special delivery are as follows, and in this order:


men/women’s footwear, men/women’s apparel, TAZERS, PEPPER SPRAY, Bucket cap (can’t wait to find out what that even is!), fitted caps, TOBACCO ACCESSORIES-like he read my mind when I thought, “this tobacco needs some bling!”, men/women fragrance, entertainment etc. (wink, wink), school time apparel, sun dresses, sandals/flip flops.


One Stop Shopping.  Back to school…done!


Life is still full, sometimes hard, usually stressful, but Q made my night.  The other day I was leaving the dollar store and walked out behind a little, hunched over, old lady walking carefully with a cane to her Buick.  Turns out I was parked right next to her.  She maneuvered her cane into the passenger seat, while I got into my van.  As I went to put on my seatbelt I glanced over at her and saw her drinking a massive can of Monster energy drink.  Gave me the giggles all the way home.  The best. 


I’m forcing myself to just sit down and write, because we learned that even after two consecutive years of not blogging, Grandpa Brian still checks the thing religiously, just in case.  After our summer vacation—I owe him.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I also check it religiously! :) Glad you're doing well. Post a pic of the kids!

The Gray Gang said...

Megan is alive!!!!!! You guys going to be around your home around Christmas time? We may be making our way through. Don't stop blogging!!! I love hearing about the fun!