Monday, July 4, 2011

Kind of the Opposite of Nesting

We are down to crunch time with the next baby coming. Usually by now, I would be surrounded by rolls of paper towels, cleaning products, and scrub brushes, but something different is going on this time. I want to be out and on the move all the time. I think Josh has heard me say I want to see something new at least 100 times in the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we aren’t made of money and time is scarce for my mister, so it has resulted in a lot of trips to new parks. The other day I loaded up the kids and took them for a day in Oconomowoc (a small city in a neighboring county). They seemed confused by this excursion—with good reason, we have a park that is great just down the hill from us, but I had to go somewhere new. It’s also a little silly that we keep doing this, because pretty much every car ride looks a lot like this…


DSCI0303


Here are a few pictures from two of our outings. The first is from a trip to North Beach in Racine. It is a great beach. Super clean. Tons of clean, non-rocky sand, and a huge play structure for the kids. It is a lot more family friendly than the Milwaukee beaches. Too many youngsters lookin’ to catch each other’s eyes at those beaches.


DSCI0315


Josie after she followed Will into the lake and fell in fully clothed. Thankfully, Will was a good big brother and quickly picked her up and brought her to us.


DSCI0309


If that isn’t the face of a happy kid in summer, I don’t know what is! Yummm, sandy cheeto fingers.


DSCI0311


Even a little R & R for daddy


DSCI0308


Always the model of fitness, Will doing what appears to be, a little Tai Chi on the beach. He is so Zen.



Next up, Grant Park.


DSCI0319Absolutely beautiful walking trail along Lake Michigan.


DSCI0322


Josh and the boys, overlooking Lake Michigan


DSCI0327


Josie and Daddy at Grant Park Beach


DSCI0332


This picture makes me laugh. My big belly and Josie attached to my dress. Very common site for me.


DSCI0336


The best walks include really big walking sticks.

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

How is Josie's shirt white? (Julia's doesn't even last 3 minutes!) And Grant Park is beautiful. I want to go!!!