Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh Yeah

Most days I look down at my bulging belly and then up at my wild boys, and think to myself, "Why am I doing this again?" Then they go ahead and remind me why it isn't completely crazy by saying things like Isaac said to me this morning.
We were sitting on the couch together watching a movie and he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I think that you are the prettiest ever." I snuggled him and told him thank you, and then he said, "You know why?" I encouraged him to continue (I'm self absorbed like that) "Because you wear the prettiest clothes and look the very prettiest when you come out of the temple."
A compliment like that is worth bringing a whole new person into the world. I'm easily swayed!

**baby update: I just got home from the most worthless check up ever! Apparently, my doctor doesn't feel the need to check you every week in your last month. She thinks it just adds to the aggravation expectant moms feel as the get overly anxious waiting for the big day. She may have a point, but who doesn't want to know if they are progressing?! I've been having a lot of discomfort and contractions at night time, but I know it isn't the real deal--probably just a result of the excessive cleaning I've felt compelled to do most days. I do have to keep reminding myself that I'm still 3 weeks out from my due date. I don't know how women go to term and then some, and not go absolutely batty. To my baby I say, "Bring it! baby girl Brown. I'm ready!"

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm ready too! Sweet, about Isaac!

Darcy said...

You doctor is going to hear from me...what is her name?!?!?!? I guess I should start nesting too so that you will big the little brown baby over to my house often!!!! Can't want to snuggle her!!!!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow! Congratulations on your baby coming soon! And that comment from your son is so adorable! Definitely good reason to not back out now. Ha ha.