Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Company!



My parents recently visited us...thanks for coming Mom and Dad. It was nice to have the company, but it was also a sad look into my life. Mom and dad are not as young as they once were, and so I thought that perhaps a healthy dose of sitting around my house, and some leisurely trips to local parks would be enough excitement. I think I was wrong. They looked bored. I don't blame them, I'm bored a lot of times too, so I suppose it's only fitting. One good thing that did come of this is that the two of them both born and raised in Utah, came to me looking a bit like the California Raisins due to the extremely dry climate (see above picture), but
after one therapeutic week with me and a healthy dose of Wisconsin humidity, and they left here looking plump and juicy. In fact, the picture on the right is of them just minutes before I dropped them off at the airport, watching HGTV on my couch for the last time.
Mom and Dad, it was fun to have you here. The boys miss you already. They are certain despite your miraculous change in appearance from the time you got here to the time you left, that every old person they see, whether at the park or the store is Grandma and Papa.



No comments: